What is FirstNet?
The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 created the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) as an independent authority within the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to provide emergency responders with the first high‐speed wireless broadband network dedicated to public safety. The FirstNet network will be a single, nationwide long term evolution (LTE) network that makes it easier for public safety users to communicate during emergencies and on the job every day. Think of the FirstNet network as a bigger, more reliable, secure and resilient wireless data network. This new network will provide faster access to information and wireless coverage where law enforcement personnel need it most.
Mobile Data Survey Responses needed: Please visit publicsafetytools.info to complete the survey.
Regional Planning Meetings:
- Mo-Kan Regional Council
- Counties: Andrew,Buchanan, Clinton,De Kalb
- Location: 224 N Seventh St, Saint Joseph MO 64501
- Time: 10:00AM
- Session 3: November 13, 2014 CANCELLED
- Web Conference Link: https://share.dhs.gov/mokan-firstnet2/
SESSION 3 FIRSTNET MEETINGS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. MORE ACTIVITIES EXPECTED IN SPRING 2015!
- Future scheduled sessions: November 13, 2014, February 11, 2015, May 13, 2015
Please RSVP below! Invited stakeholders include law enforcement, fire, EMS, and other first responder stakeholders!
Session 2 Meeting Documents:
- FirstNet Session 2 Agenda (367kb pdf)
The agenda for the second session. This meeting will focus on information gathering and discipline breakout discussions.
- FirstNet Session 1 (May 15, 2014) Agenda (304kb pdf)
The agenda from the first session. All sessions build on this discussion.
- Mo-Kan Region FirstNet Factsheet (913kb pdf)
This factsheet gives an overview of the FirstNet program and contact information.
- Full Meeting Schedule (all regions) (320kb pdf)
This informational flyer has scheduling and contact information for all meetings in every region. Contact the RPC that represents your county.
You may use the form below to indicate your interest in future sessions!